Who knows what makes NetApp Data Storage SystemsNetApp makes data storage systems, and this is very important. The company has two global approach: block and file access. Initially seen as a NetApp file storage, and with the release of the latest NFS and SMB 3.0 vendor recommends that a glance at the file access. In the end, it is more convenient, especially in the context of virtual machine management. In addition, NetApp is the company, which in itself creates innovation. Its solutions capture the market. Just look at 1992: manufacturer comes out with good "snapshot" that does not affect the performance. It takes 20 years, same goes with them EMC.
NetApp E-Series and EF-Series
NetApp E-Series and EF-Series
Read Also : IaaS and The Popular Game Angry BirdsAs for the EF Series arrays, a data storage system based on solid-state drives are designed for high-speed transactional business applications that require low latency, high performance, reliability and data availability.
NetApp SANtricity Storage ManagerAnd a few words about the guarantee of high performance, reliability and data protection for application workloads. This and much more is organized with the help of SANtricity Technologies.
Of particular interest are the Dynamic Disk Pools (DDP), or dynamic disk pools that provide a flexible high-performance storage systems for environments with high demands on disk space. The architecture of the new generation of DDP to minimize the impact of failure drives productivity and allows you to restore the system to 8 times faster than with traditional RAID technology.
- And another important point is the configuration storage. We offer to remember especially for RAID Arrays. Here are some useful conclusions:
- RAID 0 is characterized by the volume and speed, but it is fragile. If failure overlooks one of the hard drives - data is lost.
- The most popular in the world of RAID - RAID 10, reliable enough, a quick but redundant, because at least half of the disc is spent on software fault tolerance.
- As for RAID 5, the manufacturer does not recommend using this array at a volume of more than 500 GB. That is, in the case of the "mechanics" with a volume of more than 500 GB disk should review the security policy.
- RAID-DP data as a means of protection from double disk failure.
Also, RAID-DP allows to use cheaper SATA disks into enterprise storage systems that does not entail the risk of data loss.The product line of NetApp FAS storage systems, and more
I checked the time that NetApp FAS storage systems provides IT efficiency, improves application availability and simplify data management. In addition to the above, FAS product line is characterized by maximum efficiency and flexibility in terms of performance, capacity and empowerment. In addition, the NetApp is compatible with itself, and this is an important advantage. What is the nuance? The fact that in FAS-22 Series, 3270 FAS, FAS 6240 - using the same version of the OS, it works the same way. And the shelves, which are connected to these systems, you can connect to the new equivalent without data migration. Moreover, the articulated system can be combined with the new cluster and work as a whole, despite the fact that the two different generation.
As for the line 25-Series and 8000-th, that solutions of primary and enterprise-level. Note that the technology works is equivalent to each of them, except that the initial level on the line is not realized MetroCluster, since it requires the physical separation virtualization controllers and external disk arrays.